A post support fitting for installing timber posts. The post sits on the socket out of ground contact, which prevents the timber from rotting due to moisture from the ground. It is suitable for structurally supported timber posts that need to last a long time e.g. for a basic timber porch or lean-to. Not recommended for free standing posts e.g. fence posts.
Installation: drill an 18mm diameter hole in the end of the timber post for the Ground Socket to fit into, the hole needs to be at least 155mm deep for the post to sit firmly over the metal dowel down to the square support plate. The bottom of the ground socket is designed to be concreted into the ground, the cross bar ensures a secure fixing within the concrete.
- Welded construction, galvanised steel
- Total length - 600mm
- Fixing Dowel - 18mm diameter x 150mm
- Square support plate 100 x 100mm x 10mm
- Concrete-in section below support plate - 18mm diameter x 450mm
- Concrete-in 'cross bar' - 9mm diameter x 110mm across full width